Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Emerge

This is a poem I wrote for a friend a while back and never posted.  So if figured I'd put it here so if we both die there will be some record of it.  Enjoy!!!




Emerge
We feel our way along the dark
Hands searching the curvature
We touch and we probe
Till one day we find a flaw
And push to let in a small crack of light

We force our fingers through the gap
Cut our hands trying to break through
I can see our blood on the jagged edge
when I think I can’t take it anymore
I look to see you smiling in the light
And the crack gives way.

We let our eyes adjust to the new world
Of trees and birds and light
Our wounds are already healed
So I take your hand and we walk away
Never looking back at the cracked bloodied shell
That was once our everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment